We are seeking a strong, punctual, and detail-oriented Shomer-Shabbat individual to work in our Red Meat Processing facility in Baltimore, MD with other Mashgiach. The ideal candidate can easily and frequently lift 60lbs+ and has the physical stamina to work in cold and wet conditions. The ideal candidate has a friendly manner and is able to work in a diverse team. Spanish language skills, familiarity with kosher cuts of meat a plus, but not required. Training provided for safety and efficiency in all systems, processes, and pieces of equipment.
This position specifically involves physical work on the production floor. Employee must be able to lift 60lbs regularly and work in cold conditions. There is room for advancement within the company for the right candidate.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Baltimore, MD (Stadium Area)
- Monday- Friday: 5:25am – 1:30pm
- Sunday work when required, occasional weekday overtime.
- Time off: ten paid personal days, five paid sick days, Paid Jewish Holidays (up to 14 days/year) plus four unpaid US holidays
- Access to company health insurance plan (employer pays 50% of employee premium)
- Parental Leave
- 15% employee discount on Grow & Behold products
- Starting wage: $18-20/hr, depending on experience
- Opening and closing kosher processing areas at start and end of day (coordinated with Mashgiach)
- Soaking, salting and washing meat independently and with assistance
- Quality control and packaging finished cuts of meat (operating vacuum packer, applying labels, sealing boxes)
- Printing labels as needed
- Keeping track of different cuts of meat during packing process, ensuring adherence to high quality standards
- Cleaning, checking inventory, and other tasks, as needed
About Grow & Behold
Grow & Behold is a rapidly-growing, customer service-oriented family business that produces and delivers high quality kosher pastured meats raised on family farms. Our products are produced according to the strictest standards of kashrut, animal welfare, worker treatment, and sustainable agriculture.